Today, MGI Reseach announced the launch of a new industry study series - State of Mobile Apps. The 2012 version of this study aims to capture information about best practices, core metrics and strategies that the leading enterprises are utilizing to develop and deploy mobile apps.
The move to mainstream adoption of mobile has taken place so fast that even the best prepared, smartest companies were caught off guard. The pace of change and the requirements landscape are evolving at a torrid pace. Companies are quickly realizing that in order to leverage mobile as a strategic business advantage, money or talent are just not enough. What is needed is the right combination of tools, capital, talent, best practices and flexible processes. Given how young mobile is, there are few if any reliable recipes for success, especially for companies looking to deploy mobility on a large scale. To address this gap in the industry, MGI Research is undertaking a focused study of mobile strategies, best practices and metrics – The State of Mobile Apps 2012. We are inviting our clients and all those interested in mobile apps to take part in this study through a participation in a survey on critical topics in mobile apps .
All survey respondents will receive a summary of State of Mobile Apps 2012 results. For every completed survey a $5 charitable contribution will be made to the Habitat for Humanity .
The study targets the following key areas:
- Mobile Budgets – How to properly plan for and optimize a budget for a successful mobile effort?
- Mobile Application Portfolio Metrics – How do different companies focus their development funds based on industry, size, and geography?
- Mobile Strategies – Is your company in-line, ahead-of or behind competition in mobile? Are you falling behind in adoption of standards and technology tools?
- Mobile Skills and Organizational Best Practices – How are “best in class” companies organized to meet the mobile Time-to-Market requirements?
- Mobile App Priorities for the Next 12 Months – How are organizations prioritizing their mobile efforts for the next 12 months?
- Track Record of Success – What separates the leading mobile app adopters from the average?
All responses are confidential, and will only be reported in the aggregate. To take part in the survey, simply click here.
For questions regarding survey methodology, results and analysis, please contact Andrew M. Dailey, Managing Director of MGI Research, LLC at +1 888 801-3644 or on the web at www.mgiresearch.com or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org .